Just got back to my apartment from a weekend in Virginia. The trip was good, but getting back to NYC was horrible!
Michelle, Mom and an unhappy AJ dropped me off at a busy airport. Luckily Dad upgraded me to be a Premiere Associate member on United so I got to go in the short check-in and security lines.
The first snag in my trip happened when the security people wanted to take away my meat tenderizer!!! Apparently, I could have used it to hit someone in the knee........ thankfully, they decieded I didn't look like a terrorist and I apologized along with informing them I was on a small plane and would be gate checking the bag.
I got to my gate, went to the bathroom and then my flight was delayed. We were supposed to take off at 5:50, but after numerous delays from LaGuardia, we finally got on the plane at 6:30. Unfortunatly, we got delayed more by LaGuardia and they completely shut down all incomming flights. So at 7:15 they let us off the plane because the AC was not working well at all and it was warm and humid.
At 8:30 we were told to immediatly get back on the plane because we had the go ahead from Laguardia. Of course, as soon as we did and taxied out, we got another 20 minute delay. Finally at 9:10 we took off and landed at 9:55. I got my bags, headed out to the 10 mile long taxi line--seriously, I have never seen more that 20 people in that line, and this time there had to be over 100.
After almost 7 hours of travel I got back to my apartment, found Tigger alive (even a little whiny) and am heading to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment