Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grrrr.

I noticed that I seem to neglect this blog when I'm not in a good mood, but having bad days is part of my life, so I figure I'll share.

It's been thunder storming and humid here, which never puts me in a good mood. On top of that, I am afraid there are bed bugs in my apartment. I am an impecably clean person, but apparently, in cities, especially new york, they can just hop from one apartment to another. No one told me this before I moved here (although I doubt it would have made a difference). I got a bite on the back of my left calf last week, but that was it so I wondered if it was a spider bite or something else. Nothing else happened until the area around my ankle started itching late in the day yesterday. This morning I woke up and sure enough, there were three red welts. By the time I got in the shower I noticed another one on my right hand. I washed all my bed linens in hot water and had already done laundry and vacumed yesterday, but vacumed the couch, matresses and all around on the floor today along with spraying bug killer on baseboards, etc. Hopefully that will detur them for a while until management can get a professional to come spray. I already left them a voicemail and strongly worded e-mail.

If anyone has a miracle way to get rid of them, let me know.

No comments: