Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Even though I had a tough week leading up to my birthday and was getting homesick, I did have a fun birthday. I woke up at noon to many phone calls, text messages and voice mails from you all wishing me a happy birthday. I hung around my apartment most of the day and did the dishes and cleaned the cat hair off my carpet. Not so exciting.

I had left Kay (we went to Mary Washington togther and she just moved to NYC 6 blocks north of me actually) a message to see if she was up to anything and she called me around 6:40 and said she was having dinner with her friend Justin (also from UMW) and asked me to come along. So in 20 minutes I showered, dried my hair, put on make up, picked out an outfit and met her down at the subway. We went to Justin's apartment over on 60th and Lexington-- he's some sort of stock broker advisor for people with multi-million dollar portfolios......... Kay and I decieded we picked the wrong major.

The three of us headed over to California Pizza Kitchen and had dinner and then went back to his place for a bit. Kay's roommate was working a catering event for a wedding and we waited a while for her to call so we could meet her, but around 10:30 we decieded to just head over to Chealsea Grill for drinks. This is the place I've taken you all that has the ah-mahzing waffle fries.

We had pre-gamed at Justin's- which I had never done before. I knew what it was, but I was never a big party person or a drinker in college. I figureed it was my birthday and I should have a little fun so we all had a shot of tequila and then another mixed with OJ. Then I only had one drink at the bar, but when we stood up to leave, I could definitely feel it.

At the bar they had the Met's baseball game on and we all discussed how none of us watch baseball. After 15 minutes we were all hooked and stayed until they finally lost to St. Louis after 14 innings. I blame the tequila.

No comments: