Friday, August 1, 2008

Chickens!!!

This is a long over due update, but I still wanted to share it.


I went out to Brooklyn on Wednesday where The Public keeps all their costumes in a warehouse for storage. Luke and I were organizing and putting away costumes that have been sitting out there since Hamlet ended over a month ago. But on the way, I saw something quite unussual for New York City and it made me glad I didn't decide to live in Brooklyn. =)



I snapped a picture on my cell phone, but I must have not hit the save button because now I can't find it. So this is one I found online of some chickens in a fenced in yard of a Brownstone, which is exactly what I saw. According to online news sites, raising chickens in Brooklyn has become a growing practice as the movement for locally grown foods has grown. That's going a little to far for me.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Once a chicken breaths city smog, can you still call it organic? I'm just saying....

Gramama said...

Hey now, your greatgrandfather had a pet chicken named Mary. She was quite lovely and productive. The others he kept in a fenced in coop, not so cute or nice. Mary had her own little dog house and resided in the fenced in backyard. I liked her.