Monday, August 11, 2008

Famous Places

Today I didn't know if there was anything for me to do down at the Public, but I headed down anyway around 11 to talk to Luke. Turns out Anne Hould-Ward (who you may remeber as the lady who snapped her fingers at me last summer and I now have no respect for) is designing BOUNCE, the next show at the Public and she needed some fabrics swatched. Christopher (who ran the shop while Michael was designing HAIR) is her assistant for the show. I headed up to her studio in mid-town and then went swatching for a ton of stuff. Rosen and Chadicks is a up-scale fancy fabric store where they cut swatches for you and everything is very well organized and well lit-- not common for some of the little shops on 39th Street. They usually don't let people go up onto the third floor but I was looking for wools so they let me go up AND swatch for myself! While I as up there I got to enjoy the beautiful view of 7th Ave out of their huge floor to celling windows! Across the street is Parsons where Project Runway is filmed!


No comments: