Yesterday, I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with Abby. Evey summer they have a costume exhibit and it happend to be ending this Sunday so we wanted to catch it before it left. It was Superhero themed so we got to see original costumes, like Christopher Reeve's Superman, Toby Maguire's Spirderman and Michelle Phifer's Catowoman, along with fasion looks based on superheros from Versace, Dolce & Gabana and more. It was pretty cool but I liked the rooftop garden the best where thay had modern art sculptures. It was gorgeous out so we spent lots of time taking pictures. Here's on of us reflected in one of the statues and then just one of me with the skyline in the background.
After the Met, I went to work and found out New York City Mayor Michale Bloomberg was coming to the show! I saw him a few times in the audience but we weren't really allowed to go up and bug him (i.e. they warned us there was extra security standing in the row and ailse and to minimize traffic in that area). He was obviously sunburned and was wearing a peach colored sweater which did nothing to decrease the redness of his face. Too bad they didn't let any of us costume folk go talk to him or we would have recomended oatmeal color for next time.
2 comments:
Love the pics! I now sorta know what Abby looks like. Fun times!!!
It's amazing, the city doesn't look so dirty from this view...it's probably all the pretty trees, maybe they should put some of those in places other than just Central Park!
Post a Comment