Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More Visitors!

This past weekend, Stef and Amanda visited from Chicago. The three of us went to high school together and still keep in touch, so they decided to come out to NYC for a few days. They lucked out on some goregeous summer-like weather and we all had a blast.

Saturday night we went for a boat cruise around the lower half of Manhattan on the Hudson and East Rivers. The boat ended up being overbooked, so we voluntered to get off the 7pm boat and wait an hour for the 8pm cruise. Not only did we get the best seats on the second boat, but we also got a refund! The city skyline at night was beautiful and it was even better since it was free! Here are Amanda, Stef and I before leaving the dock.

Between the Met, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Ground Zero, SoHo and everything else we did, I of course found time to drag them to see HAIR, which they loved! I really enjoyed seeing it with people who never had before and to see their reactions--especially to the hippie/audience interaction which lead to a boy sitting on my lap during the first act! The best part was before the show I took them backstage and got one of the wig stylists to take a picture of us on stage.


I was so glad to have been able to enjoy the gorgeous weather with them even though we all definitely got a bit sunburnt over the weekend! My freckles are out in full force now!

3 comments:

Gramama said...

I tried to post last week and got a funny message. Anyway....I like the set. I must see it.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great time! I'll have to plan a summer road trip up to visit.

Megs said...

Since no one else commented on them, I will...YAY FRECKLES!!!!! I know you hate them, but I'm still a little secretly jealous of them sometimes!