Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Do You Swear to Tell the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth...?

Today I had jury duty and it could't have been a more enjoyable experience. The clerk was very funny (which after doing that job and dealing with annoyed jurors for 20 years, I imagine you have to find a sense of humor) the chairs were super comfy, and I get paid $40.


None of the current trials called anyone in to be questioned for jury selection because of the religious holidays this week. So instead of having to sit around for the normal 2-3 days to see if anyone wanted us, our group was there today and then got our proof of service letters and were sent on our way.


Minus the waking up at 6:30am, it was a pleasent day. I caught up on some tv shows online, finished reading a book, and took a nice stroll through TriBeCa and around City Hall during our 1 1/2 hour lunch break. I even saw some trailers set up by the court house where I assume they were going to be tapping for Law & Order later today.


Here's the view from the 11th floor windows of the court building I was in. There are some gorgeous and very detailed buildings down there.

1 comment:

Gramama said...

I'm so proud of you for doing your civic duty. I took your name off the voer registry here when I voted yesterday. I think Mrs. Fotop was elected to the library board. Luv You!