Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama-Rama!

As some of you know, I got up at the crack of dawn yesterday to vote. Well, I should have known that the people in my neighborhood aren't big on voting. It took me twelve, yes only 12, minutes to get in and out of PS 28 where I voted. I suppose it was better that I got there early rather than late though.

When I finally got out of work yesterday at 9pm, I headed to Times Square with Christopher and Sean, who I work at The Public with, to watch the live CNN coverage of the election. Sean is no joke about wiggling between people to get up close, so we ended up in a great spot. We were even on CNN when they panned the crowd around 10:15pm... was anybody watching?!?! Here's a photo of the huge screen and the crowd in front of us, but no joke there were a ton of people behind us and on the sidewalks across the streets too.



The screen was a little too bright for my cell phone camera. I'm really going to have to carry my actual camera around with me from now on.

It's pretty cool that we can say we were in Times Square the night Obama was elected president though. Good story for our kids. Even better is the fact that after standing for 3 hours and watching all the coverage and McCain speak, right as Obama opened his mouth to begin his speech, the TV signal crapped out! I thought that only happened in the movies?!?! Let me tell you, I was worried a riot might form, so after 2 minutes and no progress in fixing it as far as we could tell, we hightailed it out of there. Good thing is that I took a cab home and the driver had it on his radio!

3 comments:

Gramama said...

The things you are seeing and doing! I'm so proud and jealous!!!!

Megs said...

Obama-Rama indeed! Best. Night. Ever. No contest!

Michelle said...

I was stuck watching Fox news at my bosses' house - ugh. Sorry I missed you on CNN.