Last Sunday I had the night off since Road Show only had a matinee and no evening show. I met Kay and we went to the comedy club Caroline’s in mid-town to see Mario Cantone do stand up. He was very funny and I was very excited to have a social life, even just for one night!
Tuesday evening was Road Show’s official opening night. Everyone got glamed up and headed to Union Square for the after party and had a lot of fun. The ballroom even served a special drink called the “Floating Gazebo,” which is a line from the musical—it tasted like a green apple sweet tart!
I looked so nice before I went out in the cold and wind and then sat aorund for four hours while my hair went flat! Below is me with Erick and Clarion, other dressers at the Public Theater.
Every Wednesday at noon the League produces a radio show at the Times Square Info Center featuring Broadway stars hosted by the hilarious Seth Rudetsky (pianist, author, Broadway aficionado). Today they had Laura Bennanti, who is currently playing “Louise” in GYPSY with Pattie LuPone. I met her last summer when I worked on the production, so I went up to her after and said hello, explained how I “sort-of” knew her and chatted for a minute. Then we took a picture…where I look horrid, but I’ll share it anyway.
This Sunday is Taking Over's opening night at The Public (they produce multiple shows in our four theater spaces at a time) so I get to go to another opening party! Then, it's almost Thanksgiving! Happy Fall everyone!!!
2 comments:
A wonderful post. I take it the camera thing got fixed. Miss you! Michlle, AJ,Sydney and Turkey all in one day!
How fun! Love the hair in the pre-opening party pic. Can't wait to see you next week.
Post a Comment