A few weeks back, I was under the impression that I would have no work past the opening of HAIR so I scrambled to apply for some jobs and contact all the people I know in the business. Shortly after I had an interview with The Broadway League about an internship. I didn't really want an internship, but it's part time and I could work wardrobe on the nights/weekends on Road Show at the Public beinging in October like I had already commited to. So this past week, I got a call and one thing led to another and they offered me the internship in communications.
I accepted because I knew it is a great opportunity to meet people, make more connections, test out the administrative side of theatre and put to use my english degree. Today was my first day and it went well. Everyone was very nice and friendly and of course there is the obligatory gay men (it is theatre!!!). Right now, they are finalizing things for their Broadway on Broadway concert for the 14th so it's very busy. I spent the morning finding editorial calendars for NY newspapers/magazines and finding out when they're running Broadway related features so the League can send in press releases, advertise, etc. Then I spent an hour transcribing a ton of notes for one of the bosses (I have no clue who!). And finally I was sent to Schubert Alley to make a list of all the b'way posters up since the League puts new ones up and maintains them.
I'm still working on HAIR in the afternoons, but this is a different and hopefully fun thing for my mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a great opportunity to try your skills on new things. I know you will be great at it and I hope it is fun and you learn tons!
So you started the new gig already. Glad the first day went well, hope the rest are even better. Good Job! (again)
congrats, sydney! the job sounds really fun and i hope you love it. =)
Glad you like it. You have to try out different things to see what is right for you. Yea Sydney!!!
Post a Comment