Remember how the Clintons canceled on us a few weeks back. Well, they rescheduled tonight and it was pretty damn awesome. First when they showed up, the audience went crazy-- standing ovation, screaming and cell phones pictures all around. When they got to their seats a mob formed around them and they were very gracious, shaking everybody's hands and even chatting with a few.
Once the show started and the craziness continued. One of the main male character's name is George Burger and he has a line that goes "But I don't like George, so call me Burger." NO ONE has ever laughed at that line, but tonight the entire audience laughed, yelled, clapped and went wild. Oh the insinuations! Then the same guy walks into the audience and has a few lines, one of which is "seeing" his mother and have an audience member stand up and wave. He went over to Hillary and she was great about it; smiling, waving and turning around. It was so funny!
During intermission I could not get out of the theater because the aisles were clogged with everyone trying to get to meet the Clintons. Since I was sitting 10 or so rows behind them, it was crazy. I finally got down the stairs but could not get to the aisle and guess who was behind me? Chelsea!!! She and her boyfriend (along with a secret service officer) were trying to get to the concession stand so I gave them directions on the best way to get there.
After the show, I darted out in the middle of curtain call because it was already turning into a mad house. I happened to be standing under the stage by the door to the dressing rooms when around corner walks a secret service agent... followed by the CLINTONS!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!
So Bill looks right at me and, shakes my hand and says "Great Show. Thank you." I reply "Thank you" back because I was kind of sort of FREAKING OUT!!! Then Hillary stops, shakes my hand and says "Thank you. It was a wonderful show." At this point I manage to get out "Great. Thank you for coming." Chelsea and Boyfriend followed and she smiled at me and I asked if they had gotten to the concession stand okay. She laughed and said they did.
It was AMAZING!!!
Here you can see the secret service (four of them) standing in suits and the back of Chelsea and Boyfriend's heads. Bill and Hill are hidden by the secret service.

Here is a blown up version of Chelsea and Boyfriends heads. She's the blonde, right above the girl with sunglasses. Boyfriend is to the right of her.
4 comments:
OMG, SERIOUSLY O.M.G. So I'm officially the only sister who hasn't met the Clintons...I've got to figure out a way to rectify this situation...hmmmm
Great, now Megan is going to have to come up with something to protest about so she can meet them. Just so you know, I don't do bail.
Anyway, Sydney that is awesome! Glad they made it back out and you all got to have fun with it. Don't you think they are smaller in person? I always thought everyone looks shorter in real life :-)
that's so cool! i can't believe you got to talk to all of them! yaaay for them finally coming.
i feel bad for any other celebrities that went last night...overshadowed by the clintons, haha.
Sounds like a major networking opportunity.
Did Bill remember Michelle? Bet you didn't even ask, lol.
Post a Comment