It has been exactly ONE year since I moved to NYC, and I can't believe it! It really does seem like just yesterday when mom and dad drove off and left me in my apartment that I was still a little scared to leave! But I've come such a long way.
I started life here working on HAIR. Who could have known it would grow into the TONY award winning show it is today? I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to continue working on it as it transferred to Broadway....and go to that amazing TONY party!
I then worked on the New York Premiere of Stephen Sondheim's new musical and got to meet the legend and party at his house! Now I'm working on Twelfth Night, another amazing show in the Park with an amazing cast and crew who all seem to get along fabulously--especially when playing beer pong after two very long weeks of tech and previews!
Now when I walk the streets of New York, I grunt at the slow moving tourists, I know where I'm going (and that a Starbucks and drug store is only ever three blocks away) and that if needed, my purse is almost always heavy enough to be used as a weapon!
Thank you to everyone who listen to me cry on the phone and wonder why the heck I moved to this big crazy city. I really don't know if I'd still be here without you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are very welcome! I am so proud of you. With that said, I MISSED YOU EACH AND EVERY DAY OF THAT YEAR AND WILL CONTINUE TO! Keep on calling. Luv u.
So so so so proud of you!
Post a Comment