Last weekend Megan visited and we had a very busy weekend. She got in (a few hours late, thanks to O'Hare/LaGuardia) Friday and we headed to NBC because I had a meeting with Eugene Lee, a scenic designer on Broadway and the production designer on SNL. We saw lots of people (Fred Armisen, Will Forte and Bill Hader) and even got to walk around the studio and see all the sets being built. She was pretty thrilled to be there and I was excited to talk to Eugene about design work in the future.
Afterwards we went to Magnolia and got red velvet cake (they were out of the cupcakes, but it's the same thing) and their delicious hot chocolate. Megan loved the cake so much, she tried to eat it while walking down 49th Street. I soon stopped her because the air in NYC is dirty and you don't know what could fly into your food. Eww.
Saturday night, Kay came over and we watched Will Farrell on HBO in his Broadway show, “You’re Welcome America. One Final Night with George W. Bush.” We had tried to get tickets, but the run completely sold out as soon as it went on sale. It was very funny and I’m glad I got to see it for free!
Sunday night we went and saw HAIR, which was amazing, obviously! Megan loved it and we both looked super cute.
Afterwards we went to Magnolia and got red velvet cake (they were out of the cupcakes, but it's the same thing) and their delicious hot chocolate. Megan loved the cake so much, she tried to eat it while walking down 49th Street. I soon stopped her because the air in NYC is dirty and you don't know what could fly into your food. Eww.
Saturday night, Kay came over and we watched Will Farrell on HBO in his Broadway show, “You’re Welcome America. One Final Night with George W. Bush.” We had tried to get tickets, but the run completely sold out as soon as it went on sale. It was very funny and I’m glad I got to see it for free!
Sunday night we went and saw HAIR, which was amazing, obviously! Megan loved it and we both looked super cute.
Monday night we saw West Side Story, which was good, but had some faults. The choreography was amazing and the singing was excellent, but over all there was a complete lack of depth in character and general direction. I’m glad I saw it though—and Megan apparently ran into (literally) Jane Fonda in the lobby, but I completely missed that.
Megan left Tuesday afternoon and the plane actually landed early... I haven’t been up to much lately, just enjoying my last few days of nothing before I start a new show on Monday that I’m a dresser for. Hope you’re all enjoying the first day of spring!
1 comment:
Work. A schedule. What will you do? Poor Tigger. Love you.
Post a Comment