Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!

Quick update today because in just a few short hours, I am headed off to the airport to join some of my family in Walt Disney World!!! Yay!!!

I have not been very productive lately, let me tell you! I have been having some crazy dreams though and I blame it on my sleep patterns which seem to be changing nightly. I had been getting too much sleep so then one night I couldn't fall asleep and was up until 5AM!!! I never even stayed up that late in college. Seriously. I'm looking forward to being wiped out and sleeping well after spending all day in the parks and with the fam (I love you guys, but you're exhausting sometimes!!!).

Some headway on the computer front. I got a call saying it would be delivered to Best Buy Wednesday (yesterday) so I headed down around 5:30pm to pick it up. I was very excited! However when I got to the Geek Squad, the operating system wasn't loaded like the tech (or Geek, I suppose) told me it would be. Then they tried to tell me I could do it myslef.... I don't think so!!! Number One, that's what I paid to have this warenty for! For them to fix this stuff, not me! Number Two, THEY HAVE MY RECOVERY DISKS!!!! Of course, the disks are missing, because someone out there hates me.

So I left without a computer and with the promise that they would load the OS form their store's copy and have it done aspa that night since I was leaving town. On my way out I called Dad to complain. While he said he would have had the same initial reaction, "Get it done now idiots!" maybe it would be best to let them take their time and do it right (something I'm not sure they know how to do) rather than rushed. Besided, I wasn't planning on taking it to Florida anyway. He was right, so I called the Geeks and told them not to worry about it and I would be back next week to pick it up. Needless to say I got a call at 8pm saying it was done and ready for pick up. Of course. There wasn't enough time for me to get down there on the subway before they closed so I'll be picking it up next week.

Drama, drama, drama!

Name that movie! Anyone, Anyone? Come on, this one's easy! Was a popular chick flick and stared Kate Hudson!

Anyway, See you all post-Florida!

1 comment:

Megs said...

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.

Never let it be said that I don't know my chick flicks!