Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I've bene up to lots lately!

I've been so busy doing fantastic, fabulous and fun things, I haven't had time to update! Here we go!

Sunday night I left work after a long 5 show weekend and it was SNOWING!!! While I've seen snow every year in Chicago and have shoveled my fair share, it was new to see it in NYC!


Monday I had two parties to attend. The first was for my internship. The Broadway League's holiday party was at Bowlmor lanes in Union Square and even though I am horrible at bowling, I had a lot of fun with fellow interns Megan and Ben.



That evening was the Cheesecake Bake-Off! It's a competition the stage manager on Road Show does every year as a fundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids. I made my first ever cheesecake and while I didn't win in any of the categories, my cheesecake pan was eaten clean so I know it must have been enjoyed. It was a Dirt Cheesecake with a homemade (seriously I ground the cookies into crumbs myslef) Oreo crust, with a light and fluffy classi cheesecake layer, then a layer of whipped chocolate pudding, gummie worms and oreo crumbles.
I even assisted in making the crown for the grand prize winner. It's a cherry cheesecake! Here's me (the bedazzler) and Michael (the designer/painter) with it.


Tuesday I went with some coworkers at Road Show to the Gypsy of the Year competion. A "gypsy" is a actor who goes from show to show and is always in the ensemble. Every time a show opens on Broadway a robe is passed to that show and they add a pannel that reflects their show and then crown the ensemble member with the most ensemble credits as the gypsy. During November and December every year, shows fundraise for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids, a 20 year old org that does great things in and outside of the theater community. At the culmination of funraising, there's a big competition where ensemble members form the shows put skits together and BC/EFA gives awards to the shows for best skits and most money raised. It was a ton of fun and it was all for a great cause.

Here's Mamma Mia's skit where they spoofed themselves and every other show by claimin that in the future all Broadway shows would use the Mamma Mia formula of using hit songs in a plot line that don't really fit. The girl who was Ariel is actually in HAIR this last summer too!



Monday between work and bowling I bought a Christmas tree at El Mundo, my local Spanish Discount Department store....what, you don't have one too? It was $35 and 6 feet tall (I think that'a gross overestimation since the branches don't start until a good foot and a half off the ground and only the tip top branch reaches anywhere near the 6 foot mark, but whatever). I've spent spare minutes at nights and mornings putting lights and ornaments on and I am finally done decorating my apartment for Christmas!


Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Gramama said...

Love the tree and holiday decor. Hope Tigger doesn't undecorate!

Michelle said...

Hey - you got your tree up and decorated before I did. Pretty impressive considering you had 2 jobs and I only have one :-)