Thursday, October 2, 2008

Long Time, No Write

I've been up to a lot lately, so let's try to cram it all into one update!

HAIR closed on September 14th. It was sad, but everyone was thrilled to know it's going on to Broadway and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to work on it in some way, shape or form. The artistic director of the Public gives presents to the entire cast and crew on behalf of The Public and the crew for HAIR got flasks...... were they implying something?!?! Here's Clarion (another dresser) and I with our flasks.


That same day was the Broadway on Broadway concert in Times Square that The Broadway League produces annually. Since I am a communications intern, I got there at 7:30am to help out. It was fun and they even used a skit I wrote!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BmlOnw8mE Go watch the video! It was fun, but HOT! It was horribly humid and 90* out. Some people called it the "Indian Summer." I called it ridiculous.

Sam and Mike were also visiting that weekend, which made everything crazy busy. They had a good time and I managed to get away from work enough to take them to Serendipity 3 for their famous frozen Hot Chocolate and to see Times Square all lit up at night. We even saw Ivanka Trump on 5th ave while walking! Here's me in Times Square (sam has all the pics of us together =(...


Right after all that crazieness, I flew home to Chicago, where I still am. I have a few weeks off from the Public, so I'm taking advantage of the downtime and visiting. Michelle and AJ came in from Virginia too and we went down to Indiana and visiting Grandma Faye. Here's AJ with his Mommy and Great-Grandma. Then there's a picture of AJ and me in Great-Grandma's tree house.


When we got back to Chicago we took AJ to the zoo where AJ wasn't to excited by anything but the merry-go-round and the plastic snake he convinced his mommy to buy for him at the gift shop. The monkey house was closed which was a bummer, but he did get excited about the elephants we passed right before we left.
He spent lots of time outside "fishing;" thank's to Aunt Debbie for teaching AJ how to pretend that his sticks are fishing poles. We even went to the park and played on the teeter totter (which doesn't work well with a 2 year old verses a 22 year old) and feed geese... who almost attacket me when I ran out of bread. I ran away.
I'll be back in NYC Monday and I'm sure Tigger will be thrilled to see me... that is, once he get's past the urge to scratch my eyes out while I'm sleeping since I left him for two weeks! A special thank-you to my UMW/NYC friend Kay for keeping an eye on him while I'm gone!

1 comment:

Kay said...

no prob! i'm glad you had fun at home. and i'm sure tigger is thrilled to have you back, haha. =)